Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Brother

I wrote this for my "little" brother last year. Long story short, our mom let a couple adopt him who were his "baby-sitters" while she worked, and they moved away with him. Unfortunately I was 5 when he was born and he was everything to me. Of all the crappy things I can remember growing up this by far was the most devastating. We only recently reconnected (2 years) and are now slowly building a relationship. Today is his birthday, hence the post.

Gray October, baby boy
eventuating sister bond.
Fierce, fleeting, love,
callously removed.
Clarity, comprehension, 
left wanting.
A heart rent,
Benumbed existence,
sufficiently incomplete
Forty Septembers ensue,
fearfully, vulnerably, determined
a sister’s love compels.
Baby boy, grown, beautiful,
comparably, sweetly broken.
Tenderly, gingerly, a bond renews
as hearts slowly mend
A sister’s fierce love endures, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment